Technip awarded contract for flare modification in Abu Dhabi
Technip was awarded by ADMA-OPCO(1) a lump-sum turnkey contract for the engineering, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up assistance for flares modification and revamp project on Das Island. Das Island is located 290 kilometers offshore Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, in the Gulf.
The project aims to mitigate the hazards due to the existing atmospheric flares on offshore associated gas and upcoming integrated gas development facilities, and the risk of gas exposure for personnel during operation and maintenance of these facilities in case of flame out.
The scope of work includes the:
- relocation of the South Relief flare to the east of the existing flare F-14,
- installation of two new ground flares at the existing South Relief flare location,
- demolition of the F-11 and F-14 flares,
- replacement of a tip for flare,
- new electrical substation.
Technip's operating center in Abu Dhabi will execute the project which is scheduled for completion in the first half of 2015.
Vaseem Khan, Senior Vice President of Technip in the Middle East, declared: “We are delighted to have been awarded this EPC(2) contract by ADMA-OPCO. It confirms their trust in our expertise in complex brownfield design and construction as we have already executed a number of front-end engineering design and detail engineering projects for them.”
(1) Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company.